Make a statement with pillars. Concrete pillars are one of the most reasonable ways to spruce up the entrance to your home. They create a grand and interesting look and are the perfect finishing touch to any architectural or landscaping project.
Decorative concrete pillars can also be centerpieces for any hardscape design. An attractive landscape or hardscape design should have vertical elements to help unify the yard. pillars from DecoMax Concrete can be custom designed to a wide range of colours, materials, and look to fit any architectural style.
Options for Concrete Pillars
Concrete Pillars options include different colors, patterns, and finishes, depending on your preference and budget.
DecoMax Concrete’s Concrete Pillars options include the following:
- Combination Stamped & Exposed Aggregate Concrete – most popular
- Stamped Concrete
- Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- Regular Concrete which comes in
See our Concrete Pillars Gallery for examples.
Bullnose Options for Concrete Pillars
Project Process for Concrete Pillars
A typical project process for concrete pillars includes the following elements:
- We work with you to design the concrete pillars you want, including type of concrete from above, pattern, color, finish, and shape
- Prior to excavation, great consideration goes into planning and removal of existing elements such as concrete, dirt, wood, or asphalt in project area
- We use machinery where possible and manual labor and wheel barrels in hard to reach areas
- All excavated material is hauled away
- Formwork is established as per approved and contracted design
4) Subgrade Preparation
- The most critical step in creating long lasting concrete pillars is in preparing the foundation
- DecoMax Concrete recommends the use of concrete Sonotubes or concrete footings for concrete pillars
5) Reinforcing Concrete
- Reinforced steel rods (also known as “re-bars”) are placed in concrete pillars to increase concrete strength
- Reinforced concrete does not prevent or eliminate cracks, its purpose is to increase concrete bonding and strength
6) Concrete Pouring
- Concrete is directly poured into the formed area from a concrete truck and/or wheelbarrows
- During concrete pouring, reinforced steel rods are properly postitioned within the concrete pillar structure
7) Concrete Surface Preparation
- Color Hardner For Stamped Concrete:
Color hardener is applied to the stamped project area. Once the color hardner is absorbed, the stamped concrete is troweled to a smooth finish. Next, a Release Agent is applied on the smooth concrete finish prior to the stamping process to prevent the concrete from sticking to the rubber molds used during the stamping process.
- Retarder For Exposed Aggregate Concrete:
Retarder Agent is applied on the smooth concrete finish and it is covered for 24 hours to prevent the top concrete layer from curing until the washing step
8) Formwork Removal
- All formwork is taken apart and hauled away
9) Vertical Stamping Parging
- Color hardener is applied to vertical concrete surfaces and bullnose
- Stamped patterns are then used to create patterns on vertical concret surfaces and bullnose
10) Pressure Washing
- For Stamped Concrete:
Release agent is washed off the concrete surface and then buffed, creating a natural antique look
- For Exposed Aggregate Concrete:
Retarder agent is washed off the concrete surface exposing the aggregate concrete pebble look finish
11) Site Clean Up
- Site clean-up is performed including raking and washing of lawns, roadways etc.
12) Concrete Sealing
- VOC – Volatile Organic Compounds – compliant acrylic sealer and anti-slip agents are used to provide a long lasting, deep color, and wet look to Stamped or Exposed Aggregate Concrete
- For Stamped Concrete: 3 coats of sealer are applied
- For Exposed Aggregate Concrete: 2 coats of sealer are applied
Budgeting for Concrete Pillars
Budgeting for concrete pillars takes in to account all the above design factors.
What Clients Think About Their Projects
At first we were skeptical about going with a company that’s not very popular like others, but the guys were amazing to work with.
Very informed and professional, really exceeded our expectations.
We recommend DecoMax Concrete to anyone who’s interested in investing in their properties.
We hired DecoMax Concrete to install our driveway, walkway, steps, landing, sidewalks, and backyard patio.
This was a large job, but the team did a great job, and paid attention to details.
I recommend DecoMax Concrete for all your concrete needs.
DecoMax Concrete does outstanding work! We were looking to have some cement work, stamping, walkways and sitting walls done in our back yard.
After getting several estimates, we called DecoMax Concrete for one more. When they came out to the house he took our ideas, made suggestions and turned them into something much more eye appealing and practical, something no other company’s took the time to do.
They have a very gifted eye when it comes to hard scape and what the finished product will look like.
Their work quality is 2nd to none. Its one of the few major projects we have had done to our new home that didn’t require several trips back out for issues.
Their prices were very fair and reasonable.
I have and will continue to refer him to neighbours and friends and I will definitely call him in the future for more hardscape/landscape work.